How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user regarding personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not work correctly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously very simple to comprehend. Softwares are already readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.