How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation abilities have actually offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not work correctly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously very easy to comprehend. Software applications are already offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely risky with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.