How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic devices in your house. It can control your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not operate properly if you missed this essential step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously really easy to understand. Softwares are currently offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.