How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your TV, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not work appropriately if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.